Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ryan is 4???!!!




It's hard to imagine that Ryan was ever this small!  we love our little red head so much.  

(I'm sure this will be a long, boring, "I love my child" bragging mommy post, so I won't be offended if you skip this, I could go on and on!)

Ryan is:

*Extremely handsome.  He is looking more like Spencer all the time :)

*A great big brother.  He had recently become very nervous about Andrew running away from us while we are out and about and holds on tight to him so he "doesn't get lost".  And I love it how he talks to Mabel.  He says she is "so cute" and talks to her just like he hears Spencer and I talk to her.  It's a great plus that he can put her binky in.  

*Very wise.  He is always imparting his wisdom on various subjects.  For instance, he explained to me about a "simple machine" he learned about on Sid the Science Kid.  He told me all about how a pulley worked.  Then yesterday he told me all about how "boys don't like girls, and girls don't like boys".  I had been asking him about who his friends were at church and he only named the boys.  I told him that I was a girl and I liked Daddy who was a boy.  He then said, "Well, that is true for Mommy's and Daddy's, but it is not true for kids".  

*Hilarious.  On some hard mommy days, I can't help but be excited for the day he goes to school.  But I get a little sad thinking about all the funny things I'll miss hearing him say.  He is always quoting things he hears from books, TV, the radio, us (not always a good thing).  He recently has been saying "Oh, fiddlesticks" when something goes wrong.  I wish I could say he heard that from me, but instead he learned the phrase "oh crap".  Not my proudest Mommy moment, especially since I couldn't help but laugh  the first time he said it.  

Things Ryan likes at the age of 4:

-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spiderman, and all the other fighting guys he has learned about from either Spencer or other boys.  We have many Raphael and Rock Steady fights between Spencer and Ryan at our house.  
-Computer games
-Board games
-plain noodles, rice, and pasta.  I think he is turning into a vegetarian.  
-Still loves books, learning, and....I'll admit it, TV and movies.  The kid is a zombie when we let him watch.

We love Ryan!

4 comments:

Dixie said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! We love you!
grammy and gramps

Virginia & Pete said...

Ryan, We can't believe that you are 4! We love you and can't wait to see you again at Mabel's blessing! Happy Birthday!

Dan and Anne said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! I feel soo bad... I thought today was his birthday (somehow I lost a day in April already?! And I have his card/gift but it won't go out in the mail till tomorrow.... you're b-day card is in there too erin!) So we are a bit behind but we love you Ryan! We probably won't be in Denver this weekend because Dan will most likely be in Connecticut interviewing so I will just stay here.... sad, I know. I really wanted to meet little Mabel!

The Pingels said...

I laughed so hard reading this blog! Ryan is a hoot!