Saturday, June 13, 2009

it's not easy getting green

With a lot of muscle and sweat,
we (meaning Spencer with my loving support) dug some ditches,
put in sprinklers,
brought in real dirt,

all for the most beautiful patch of green I've ever seen.  

Hallelujah, it's done.  I've got to say that I am pretty impressed with Spencer.  He designed his own sprinkler plan, dug the ditches WITHOUT the use of a trench digger, installed a working sprinkler system, shoveled wheelbarrow's full of dirt, and put down the sod.  All while he had lots of "help" from some little boys and a complaining wife in the background.  What a guy!

For Father's Day I think I'll give him a week off before he is assigned his next project :)

9 comments:

Starnes fam said...

WOW! Looks awesome! He deserves a week off for sure!

Teri said...

How great it is that you now have grass! Good job Spencer! I don't think that I am married to a Grange man that takes after his dad in that area but I guess I won't know that until we own a house. (Sorry Ryan.)

Sarah M said...

Awesome job Spencer. You should quit your day job and start your own company :) Put all of that good education to use! JK The kids sure are going to love having that grass to play it!

Laura said...

Isn't green beautiful? It looks fabulous. Can you believe how far down you have to dig to get into the line by the house?

The Pingels said...

Its beautiful! We can't wait to come and help you break in that awesome piece of lawn!

Unknown said...

Wow! You did a marvelous job, Spencer! I know you couldn't have done it without Erin's uh, supervision. ;-) Wonderful, wonderful job. Now what's next for the yard?

Dixie said...

Spencer is a Grange Man to be sure! Hand dug, perfectly straight ditches! Beautiful......the ditches and the lawn!

Dan and Anne said...

Beautiful! How exciting to get that in! What a good husband too... and I'm sure the little boys did their fair share of "helping" as well. I can't wait to see more pictures of the kids enjoying all of Spencer's labors.

FrugalProfessor said...

Spencer, I didn't think that you had a sprinkler system in you! I love the pit stains, by the way.

If you think that I've forgotten about you ignoring my calls, you're wrong. I'll hold a grudge until the day I die.