Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Polar Express

Our Thanksgiving this year was spent at home and we feasted with friends from the ward.  Since we weren't driving far to see family, we took a little drip to Durango, CO to ride the Polar Express.
Durango is beautiful and only 3 1/2 hours away so it was the perfect little getaway.  The Polar Express is actually the Durango Silverton Railroad that is done up all cute for the holidays.  The best part of the ride (at least for Spencer and I) was seeing this cool old steam engine roll up.
The ride wasn't until night but we got there early enough to check out the train and museum before it got dark.  Ryan is sometimes too cool for pictures.
The boys loved the trip.  There was hot chocolate and cookies, Christmas carols, and the North Pole where....

This guy got on handing out bells to the kids to which Ryan replied, "This is just what I wanted for Christmas mom!!!"

Oh good, I'll take back all your presents and just buy some more bells. :)

3 comments:

Teri said...

Is Andrew being strangled by Santa? Glad you guys had a good time.

Tiffany said...

That looks like tons of fun!

Dixie said...

It has been a long time since I have heard the bell ring, but I think I felt the stirring of a tinkle as Ryan told me about the wonders of the polar express!