Tuesday, May 11, 2010

little swimmers




The boys recently finished a session of swim lessons. It's a very beginner class, which they both needed, seeing as we went swimming a total of 2 times last summer. And I don't think Andrew even got in. But they loved it and Andrew wasn't shy at all about getting in...

that is until he went under the water and the teacher didn't see him. It took Spencer and I screaming and running (spencer almost ran in) to get his attention. It was only a matter of seconds that he was under, but it scared me to death. Luckily Spencer had come or I probably would have hit the teacher! I was not a happy mama. I wanted to pull the boys out right then and get my money back, but my voice of reason (Spencer) helped me calm down and we realized that if we made a big deal about it, Andrew would probably never get in. By the last couple lessons, he was right back in doing all the activities that the other kids were, so I guess I should call it a success.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I would've hit him, too! Geez, just reading about that makes my heart pound! Glad the boys enjoyed it anyhow.

Dad Toolson said...

That is very scary! You just can't take your eyes off those little guys.

Dan and Anne said...

You should just punch that teacher next time you see him, accidentally of course! good to see the boys are enjoying the water. I hope you guys had fun in Denver, we missed you all! I have more to update but I will email you later. :)

Mama Wisch said...

That same exact thing happened with Abby at the YMCA here in Houston two summers ago. I had to jump in and pull her back up! I about died and she almost did too!! So scary and Abby still talks about it to this day. Not fun..but I am glad he's okay!