Tuesday, April 5, 2011

end of birthday month

Ryan's birthday was the end of the birthday month here at the Grange house.  Hurray!  No more cake until October!

 We had a space party for our big 6 year old.  There was beanbags thrown into planets,
 lots of big boy toys for little brother and sisters to break or choke on,
 a fun group of boys (the bullseye behind them was where we aimed our rockets)
 kryptonite spoon races (really just green ice cubes)
 a moon cake...which I thought turned out cute.  I baked it in a bowl.
 but still a little bit ghetto.
 and we shot off rockets at the end.  We only lost 2!
oh Ryan...if you leave the house at 18, that means our time with you under our roof is 1/3 of the way through.  sniff, sniff.  We love you Ryan!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Very cute cake, Erin! I love the shot of all the boys and Andrew's expression. Happy Birthday to Little Ryan.

Laura said...

The party looked fun! How sad to think little Ryan could be 1/3 through his time at home. It makes me sad to think about also.

Dad Toolson said...

What a great birthday party. Erin, you are creative. I would have loved to be there myself. I can't believe that Ryan is now 6 years old, in kindergarten, and on his way to first grade.