Thursday, December 6, 2007

"He's my brother"


Recently Ryan has been introducing Andrew to all sorts of people when we are at stores. Once he catches someone's eye, he points at Andrew and says, "This is my brother. His name is Andrew". He usually throws in a flashy smile as he delivers the line. It's pretty cute. Then we get home and just as I set Andrew down to play happily with some toys, big brother Ryan runs him over or just grabs what he has without even looking back. It's pretty much like he doesn't even see him. This leads to many conversations a day such as: "look out for your brother", or "watch where you're going, Andrew is playing there", and "be careful with Andrew", etc. As an oldest child myself, I do feel a little bad because sometimes being the oldest is a pain and younger siblings really do ruin all the fun (just kidding Lindsey and Allie:) But it turns out that my constant nagging hasn't ruined their relationship yet and Ryan still likes having a little brother around.

7 comments:

Joshua said...

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan...You're supposed to say: "He ain't heavy, he's my brother".

The Pingels said...

I used to feel bad for Luke, but now Luke taunts Easton endlessly. Stealing the cars he has just lined up, grabbing his juice when he isn't looking, and the best one is while Easton is being so nice and watching a movie quietly, Luke will shut the doors of the TV cabinet and run away laughing. The little stinker! I'm sure Andrew will figure out how to get back at him soon.

jules said...

This picture is so cute!!! I love the sibling rivalries...best friends and worst enemies. :)

Ryan Grange said...

Spencer was twice as big as me when he was born, so I missed out on a lot of the benefits Ryan is now enjoying. Live it up, Ryan. Live it up.

Batty Bunch said...

Erin, what cute boys you have! I have been checking your blog out lately, and noticed that I had been tagged. So you can check mine because I did do it. I know, I am shocked too. Anyhow, your family is so fun. I love seeing all the fun things you do! And p.s. when are you going to come back to Utah?

Batty Bunch said...

Erin, what cute boys you have! I have been checking your blog out lately, and noticed that I had been tagged. So you can check mine because I did do it. I know, I am shocked too. Anyhow, your family is so fun. I love seeing all the fun things you do! And p.s. when are you going to come back to Utah?

Jessie said...

Cute. Cute. I can't wait until Noah and Gage are buddies instead of punching bags too.