Monday, January 28, 2008

The Land of Enchantment

Yep, it's official, we're headed to the Land of Enchantment. I signed the papers and sent them off this morning. It's funny because I've joked with Erin about going to Albuquerque for as long as we've been married. She never took me seriously, and neither did I.
I still have to finish my thesis and graduate, so we'll probably be here til early June. The job is with Sandia in their satellite group. We're especially excited to be only a days drive from both of our parents. We also won't mind a little warmth and a little sunshine. I'm excited to drive through Denver on the way there and pick up our old truck. Maybe we'll see the SHO abandoned on the side of the road and take it too.

7 comments:

Stacie said...

Yeah! How exciting! We'd love to see you in Castle Rock if you have time!

Rachael said...

Yay! How fun! If you drive through Arizona let us know...

Jessie said...

New Mexico?!! Wow talk about climate change. Good luck!

Mama Wisch said...

Congrats!! Maybe if we get the job in Texas.. then we could come visit!!

Starnes fam said...

If you have to drive through Boise...we want a visit!

Kathy said...

Congrats! That is great. We are very happy for you. I bet you are glad to have it all decided and be able to plan now. Andrew's video is so cute. I can't believe how old he is. What a cutie. Hope you have fun in Denver and Dixie and John spoil the kids properly.

jules said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! We're so excited for you! How nice to know where you are going.

Wait -- there's life after school?