Sunday, October 11, 2009

oh Ryan

Ryan engaged us in a deep conversation today.  He loves these.  Over the last couple months we've had lots of talks about death, babies, and heaven.  The topic of discussion this time was on having children.  Ryan is always talking about how many kids we will have in our family and asks me "when are you going to get pregnant?"  I think he thinks he's part of the decision making process.  Anyways, Spencer asked him how many kids he wanted to have.  He replied, "4 boys, and 5 girls".  And he knows their names:  

Boys- Junior, Scar, Brigham Young, and Simba
Girls- Elizabeth, Erin, Sarabi and 2 more I can't remember

I was listening to this conversation and I told him he better get a good job if he is going to have 9 kids.   He thought for a moment and then told me "Heavenly Father doesn't make us pay for babies".  duh mom.  

I then explained that what I meant was that he had to pay for their food, clothes, that kind of thing.  So he decided he would fix trucks.  

Oh how I wish I could attach a tape recorder to him when he goes to school to hear what kind of things he talks about with his teacher.  

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

That's hilarious. I love hearing kids talk. I always wish that I could listen to everything Megan says to her friends. :)

Also, we miss you guys.

ALLRED FAMILY said...

I love the things they come up with!! What a cutie pie!

Sarah M said...

That is so precious Erin! He's such a cute boy :)

Dan and Anne said...

That is so Funny! What a smart kid you have. You better write this in his journal or something, this will be entertaining for a long time!

Unknown said...

Smart cookie! I think we might have to steal some of his names for Sprout. :-)

Sarah Jayne said...

Hey! So cute! I want to add you guys to our blog but I don't know your address! Will you email me with it? sarahbush3(at)gmail(dot)com. Not sure you kept up with ours but I love to see yours!