Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We heart NYC...and Connecticut, and even New Jersey too.

I have loved Connecticut long before I ever visited the state.  It is the setting to my favorite childhood books, The Babysitters Club, and my favorite show, Gilmore Girls.  And then the fabulous Dan Grange's moved there and of course it got even better.  We just got back from a great visit to see Dan, Anne, and cute little Beckett.  
You can kind of see Lady Liberty off in the distance.  We were on the boat on our way to Liberty Island.  It was kind of drizzly that day, but the rain held off until our search for dinner later on.
We got to roam the streets of Newark where Dan served as a missionary for our church.  We ate delicious Brazilian hamburgers in the Portuguese area of town and got to see a lot of areas where Dan served.  Some of the areas outside of the city where some of the most beautiful little neighborhoods I've ever seen.
New England didn't disappoint with drives like this everywhere we went.  
And here is Yale University where Rory Gilmore went to college.  

Doesn't Mabel look smarter at Yale?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all your Gilmore Girls plugs. It looks like you all had a lovely time sigh...I'm jealous.

Unknown said...

I think Mabel belongs at Yale; she's cuter than Rory! :-)