Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas-time favorites

Here are some of the things I love to do most at Christmas:
Parties-  Here we are at Ryan's preschool party.  I love Christmas parties at church, school, home, they are all great.  The more white elephant gift exchanges, the better.
Christmas goodies:  I let the kids decorate our sugar cookies this year.  We've also made peanut butter balls, wassil, cheeseball, almond crescents, fudge, and candy cane cookies.  I look forward to eating Dixie's kringla's and my mom's pecan logs soon!
I love decorating the tree every year.  As soon as I am finished eating Thanksgiving dinner, I am ready to bust out the tree.  Both Spencer and I received an ornament every year growing up so it's fun to look at our old ornaments and build up the boys collection.  Again, I let the boys help me with the task.  I even tried to not rearrange the ornaments too much after they were done.
Christmas books:  We have a LOT of Christmas books and I still buy too many every year.  We do the 12 days of Christmas in books with the kids.  They get to open a book every day and we read it together.  Ryan has got used to me crying through my favorites like The Christmas Oranges or A Christmas Dress for Ellen.  

And the thing that almost always gets me in the most Christmasy mood is singing Christmas songs, I especially look forward to the Sacrament Meeting before Christmas.  Here are the cute kiddos ready to go to church today.  It was wonderful and I loved all of the musical numbers.  I participated in one and asked Andrew if he liked it, but he said "I didn't like it, the singing was too loud".  Thanks Andrew!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Looks like fun. I love that last picture of the kids. Mabel looks so adorable.

The Pingels said...

I'm mad at the whole Grange family! They took you away from me this year! Oh well, next year?!