Friday, November 4, 2011

is it finally over???

As you can tell from the abundance of halloween posts, we had party after party this year.  So you can imagine the loot these kids had.  I let them just go for it Halloween night and was pretty liberal with their eating of the next day, but by the 3rd day after I had my probably 50th reeses peanut butter cup, I was dreading the amount of candy I alone would consume.  

My friend let me know about the Treats for Troops at a local dentist.  You bring in your halloween candy and they give you a 1$ a lb.  The kids thought it was a good idea so we went in.  I was afraid they would freak out once they dumped their candy in the big box, but they were thrilled with their money.  (Ryan and Andrew got 3$ and Mabel got 1$).  They gave the kids a cookie and goody bag with lots of free meal coupons which they were also excited about.  Ryan even said as we were driving away, "Let's do that again next year!"  Success!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

such a good idea! Right now I just let my boys pick a piece or two from their buckets after dinner. But it will never be gone! I should just buy it from them too.

Dan and Anne said...

Halloween was canceled here so no outrageous candy supplies from trick or treating. (We may have some from Target but there were 3 over-filled isles with candy all for 70% off, can you blame me?!) I'm proud of your kids for trading in their candy. Here mom and dad eat it all and B is lucky to get 1 piece a day. Is Ryan to old for you to steal it? :)