Monday, October 29, 2007

brainy baby


No, this isn't Andrew's Halloween costume. I've been putting Andrew to work to make us some money! UW has lots of different research studies that are looking for infants to study, so I signed us up. Andrew has done 2 studies so far and earned 40$! Each time we only had to go for an hour. This picture shows Andrew with his special brain reading cap on. He was such a good baby and didn't cry or even seem to mind it at all (I guess there are lots of babies who do not like it). They put this hat on and then he just watched some images on a computer monitor. Easy. They called Andrew their "star baby" because he was able to get through 49 images, a record they said...I don't know if I should be proud or not...I guess he's really good at watching T.V.!

7 comments:

Starnes fam said...

For a second I thought he was getting hair plugs!! haha! My kids would probably do well with that too since they are pros at watching tv. JK!

Dixie said...

Well, I think if Andrew was really brainy, he would not have let you put that thing on his head...
He is just cute, no matter what he has on!

Teri said...

Stop torturing your child!

N/A said...

Erin Toolson Grange what are you doing to your child...Does Mama Grange know? The next thing they will say is it is just a "little" shock. He will hardly feel it.

: )

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh...that rocks. Do they need more babies? I'm sure that Megan would love to help us make money. Hey...our one free Saturday EVER is next Saturday (the 10th). Are you guys free to do something? We would LOVE to see you guys again someday!!!

Jessie said...

Wow. That is crazy. This is a story that Andrew will love to hear about when he's two. Do you get to know what their research says?

jules said...

This is hilarious! I almost called to sign Jacob up for the same study, but now I'm realizing it's a form of slow torture.