Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Why I love little boys...

It has been unseasonably warm here the last few days. (but the rain is back today). We've had lots of chances to go outside. I love watching Ryan and his little friends play. The other day Ryan and his friends built a "beehive" which realy was a big pile of sticks and branches that had fallen during a windstorm. I don't know how they came up with that and why they thought a beehive is made of sticks, but it kept them occupied for quite awhile. Last night they took someones Big Wheel and took turns riding down the hill. There was usually two boys on it at one time, one driving and one holding on the back. It was hilarious to watch them. They got excited each time and ran back up the hill just as excited (Ryan had to be finally brought in by force when it got dark). I just think it's so funny that boys don't have to be taught to be "boys". They know right away that sticks are swords. Rocks are fun for throwing in the water. Jumping off steps and other high things is awesome. I even saw Ryan tackle his friend to the ground the other day (I think his dad has something to do with that one). I was a little worried when I had Ryan that I wouldn't know what to do with a boy...since I have all sisters...but I have been glad to find out that I didn't have to teach Ryan how to be a boy. He already knew.

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Yes, I know what you mean. You are just so gifted in expressing your thoughts. Thanks!