Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Farm





2 weeks ago we went to "The Farm" (that's really what it's called). It was one of my favorite things we've done in Seattle. There was a great pumpkin patch, hay rides, a petting farm, and a hay bale maze in the barn. It was perfect for kids. Ryan had a ton of fun climbing up into the loft and riding a slide down into the hay. I think Spencer's favorite part of the day was that we only spent 1$. We picked out a small pumpkin and that's how much it costs. Everything else was free for kids under 3 and parents are always free, I guess because they assume you are bring in your kids. The big draw at The Farm is their corn maze which is huge and looks like the state of washington. It actually looked really cool and would be a ton of fun...if you didn't have a 2 year old and a baby. We could just pictures ourselves, getting into the maze a good ways and then one of our kids having a freak out or some other baby emergency and then we wouldn't be able to find our ways out! The day was beautiful as far as weather goes too. It was really foggy in the morning, which was kind of fun to drive out into the country and tromp out into the field in the fog. But then it burned off and it was warm and sunny. I love fall!

8 comments:

Teri said...

I love kids in pumpkin patches, they are so cute! What amazing pictures those are! Good job Erin. Glad that you guys are enjoying the fogginess of Seattle. We are not enjoying the Rockies game here in Colorado.

Erin said...

neither are we. it's just as painful to watch from far away in seattle :(

Joshua said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joshua said...

Okay, so I did a little blog exploring today. I've come to realize that Sarah & I are slackers when it comes to blogging. My compliments to "y'all" for doing such a superb job, you have some funny posts. Those are some great photos with the fog. If Spencer had his "blanky" those photos could be straight out of "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" movie.

Joshua said...

Whoops—I deleted a comment. I guess you'll never know if I did it on purpose, or accidentally. Sorry for making a mess of your blog.

MuwaHaHaHaaa.

Jessie said...

I'm glad I finally discovered your blog and I love your pictures in the fog! Those are perfect. The wheelbarrow one is my favorite. The Farm looks great.

Dixie said...

Did Ryan choose his pumpking by how it felt when he sat on it??
Come on Spencer, you could have splurged on a $2.00 pumpkin!
You all look wonderful:)

Tiffany said...

I'm so sad that Brian had scouts and we couldn't go with you guys! I should have just come by myself with Megan! Anyway, I'm glad that you had so much fun!

Also, I love your blog! It is so cute. One of these days, maybe I'll set one up for me and Brian....