Monday, May 18, 2009

Fathers and one sons

It was the father and sons campout last weekend.  Ryan was very insistent that Andrew shouldn't go because he was afraid he would "burn his body" in the fire.  Spencer was ok with that too.  We love our little Andrew, but we were afraid he would wonder off in the forest or that he would trip and fall into the fire.  When Spencer came home on Friday to go on the campout, Andrew had figured out they were going somewhere and kept saying, "Andrew, camping too!"  I don't know how he knew they were planning on leaving him.  Spencer knew he couldn't leave his little buddy behind, but right before they were about to leave, Andrew started crying and had a bit of a meltdown about something (we don't know what) so I told him if he stayed with me we would go to McDonalds.  The kid loves his nuggets so that was all I had to do to convince him to stay home.  For the rest of the night and the next day he kept saying "Daddy and Ryan camping, Andrew McDonalds".  I think he was happy with his choice.
Ryan's new favorite thing is to take pictures of us.  Cute picture Spence!
Ryan sometimes is too cool for pictures.  I let Ryan pick out a treat to take camping and he was very excited about packing the sour gummy worms in his camping backpack. 

Does it look like they were just camping at a city park?  It actually really was up in the mountains.  Spencer said it was the nicest campground he'd ever been too.  I guess that's how the Paradise Hills Ward does things :)

2 comments:

Paul said...

Gorgeous campsite. I miss some of those Columbine 2nd days...camping with the Granges and their cool REI gear. Father and Sons camp outs are the best. I bet Ryan had a great time.

Ryan said...

I never took Spencer for a car camper. What a real dandy you've turned into.

It does look beautiful, though.