Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Many Faces of Mabel



That's right, we are a little photo crazy, but can you blame us.  Spencer and I just sit around posing Mabel and take cute pictures of her and tell the boys to go away.  Maybe that's why Andrew threw a ball at Mabel's head 3 times today.  Something to think about.  

Mabel's 2 month stats:

10 lb. 7 oz.
23 inches long

Our little Mabel still isn't gaining weight.  At her 2 month check up she had only gained 7 oz since last month.  She has barely gained a pound since birth.  The pediatrician freaked out and told me all sorts of stuff to do, including waking her up to eat in the middle of the night, even though she is sleeping through the night!  I would be worried more except for the fact that Mabel is such a happy and content baby.  She sleeps great, is awake and alert for good amounts of time, is smiling and interacting with us, and has even been rolling over.  Plus, she poops and pees a ton.  If she was crying all the time, or lethargic, or developmentally behind, I would worry more.  I have tried to get her to eat more often, but she just doesn't want to.  So I took her to another Dr. and he was not concerned about it.  He said if she wasn't getting enough to eat, she wouldn't be growing so much lengthwise either and in head circumference.  Hurray!  So from now on if I have a Dr. that says something I don't like, I'll just find one that agrees with me instead :)

Has anyone else had a baby that just refused to gain weight?  what did you do?

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

She's so cute! And I am 100% jealous of the night sleeping thing.

Emma said...

She's a cutie. My boys gained weight -a lot and quickly. Amy is slower to gain- but she started big. Some kids are just different. and grow at different weights.

Teri said...

That is close to the same size as Isabel at two months. Doctors are lame sometimes. I agree with you. I love the 4th picture of Mabel, her lips look real pretty. I had to say it and I can say it because I am her aunt. She's a cutie.

Starnes fam said...

All of those faces are ADORABLE! What a little cutie pie!

Dan and Anne said...

She looks so cute! Beckett had a hard time gaining weight later on but they kind of said the same thing about not to worry because he was growing so much. They did tell us to add oil to everything (including formula/ milk) and butter up things.(only 1/4 teaspoon or such to every bottle) They said they wanted us to do this for brain development, something about how his body was using his calories to grow and they wanted to have enough so he would develop mentally as well. It's a little bit gross putting oil in everything but it did help Beckett. Good luck!

Boyce Family said...

Good for you. Mom's know best. Jaxon has always been really little and I had a nurse tell me when he was about a year old that I should put fattening things on his food like butter, or mayo etc. I'm like um NO - not going to clog his arteries just she he can not be in the 20th percentile. Like you said she's happy and she is still growing and that's what matters.

Laura said...

She looks just like a Grange baby. She is darling and it is so fun seeing pictures of her so keep on snapping.

Apryl May said...

K, she is seriously the cutest baby!!! Oh my gosh, i love the wrinkly forehead!

Save my blog!
http://according2april.blogspot.com

Lovely Lindsay said...

erin! thank you for your sweet comment today. i loved to hear from.
++++
what?! when did you get a baby girl? so lucky. she's adorable. and stick to your mama guns. you know your babe far more than the doc does.
love, lindsay

Kathy said...

She is so adorable. She looks happy and healthy to me. How fun to have a girl. Hang in there.