Thursday, February 18, 2010

Go World

Salt Lake City Olympics 2002.  Here I am with my roomies outside Liberty Square, waiting for the Olympic torch to run by.  It was so cool to see the torch run right outside our apartment and we had a blast with all the festivities in Provo.  
Does anyone else cry while watching the Olympics?  I can't help myself.  Lindsay Vonn, that Canadian Alex kid, any medal ceremony with any country represented, opening ceremonies...I cried for them all.  

But not men's figure skating which is what is on right now.  No crying.  yuck.

6 comments:

Dan and Anne said...

Don't try to deny that you love those awesome spandex outfits! I'm sure Spencer is getting fitted for one right now! I'm glad you're enjoying the Olympics and cheering for our country!

The Pingels said...

Love it!

Batty Bunch said...

Oh my blast from the past! I totally forgot that the torch went past our apartment. I do love the Olympics too, but do think mens figure skating does have some weirdos.

Tiffany said...

I love the olympics too. I was so sad to miss being in utah during winter 2000. I watched a bunch of the men's snowboarding events this year and started watching men's figure skating last night. But you are right about that event - yuck. I watched american idol instead.

Laura said...

That is a great picture of you guys waiting for the torch.
And I love that you cry also! Brandon calls the mens figure skating "What not to wear" and after seeing what the skaters are wearing he's not embarrassed that he knows the name of that show.

Tiffany said...

Brian and I watched a little bit of men's figure skating. Yeah...it was pretty lame. Half pipe was awesome though. I love the Olympics!