Friday, February 12, 2010

let the games begin!

In honor of the Olympics, we decided to go skiing.  Well, and it was our Valentines Day present to each other.  
Here we are on our way up to Sandia Peak.  I know what you're thinking.  Skiing in Albuquerque?  Where is the snow?  We ski down tumbleweed mountains on rocks.
Just kidding, we just take the worlds longest tramway up to the top of the mountain and...
there's some snow!  

Take a good look.  I've decided this is my last run down ever.  The last time I went skiing was in the 8th grade.  I thought it was great fun then and have been wanting to go for years with Spencer.  But usually I was pregnant, or we were poor college student, so this was our chance, especially with Grammy in town to watch the kiddies.  

Anyways, I realized that skiing is cold and I don't like falling.  Plus I puked at the bottom of the mountain and felt sick.  (yes, in front of a ski lift and in front of everyone).  But I am glad I could rekindle Spencer's love for skiing.  He had a great time and looked great doing it.  And it was fun having my hubby for a day all to myself.  


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Apart from the vomiting, sounds like a wonderful day! I'm so glad you could spend time with your snow bunny! :-)

Teri said...

That's hilarious. I love the sound of you vomiting in front of everyone. What was Spencer's reaction? Glad you guys could enjoy a day together, sounds like a dream and I am sure Grammy loved the time with the kids.

Batty Bunch said...

Oh Erin! I am sorry that you puked, but I am laughing my head off. It sounds like a blast!

HeatherC said...

That is so nice that you two could spend the day together sans kiddos. So not nice that you puked in front of an audience. Hope you're feeling better, maybe sticking to sledding is the way to go... :)

Dan and Anne said...

Yikes.... puking is not fun, especially in front of other people! I'm glad to see you guys could spend some time alone... I'm sure Dan will ask Spencer for details on that later! Happy Valentines day! PS. Thanks again for all the cool stuff, I will personally harass the post office until they give me everything back!