Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Birthday fun

Andrew had a fun 1st birthday and got lots of fun presents. We sang to him this morning in his crib and he just smiled right on back! Ryan's preschool was at our house today so we had cupcakes (which went right along with the letter of the day, "C"). Then Lindsey and Scott with cousins Easton and Luke came over as well as Spencer's cousin Kyle and his wife Chelsea with their cute baby Michael who were in town. Andrew licked the frosting off of his cupcake and was excited by the toys he got (which were mostly unwrapped by Mom and big brother Ryan...who for days has been talking about how he was going to "help Andrew open his presents").




Like the Tiger cake? Spencer did the Tiger stripes for me. I'm sure Andrew appreciated it.


Sorry, I know my family will be sad to see no smashing of the cupcake all over the face. Our kids aren't big cake smashers I guess. Maybe it's because it's the first real "treat" they've ever had, and they don't quite know what to do with it. I don't think Andrew has ever had a cookie...or even a graham cracker! we're mean parents huh.


All partied out.

6 comments:

Elisa said...

Hi Erin,
We thought you guys might be living here in the area (isn't Spencer going to school at UW?) That's so fun. We'll have to have you guys over for dinner or something. We live in Issaguah.
Elisa
P.s. Your boys are very cute. I like the superman/batman pictures.

Tiffany said...

Yea! Happy Birthday Andrew!! :)

greg & allyson said...

happy birthday andrew. we need to meet you. how about grand junction?

Teri said...

I love your tribute to Andrew. He is such a cute kid. He looks so big in his baby pictures. We love Andrew too.

Dan and Anne said...

Very mean! Just wait... I'm sure I can ruin Andrew just like I did Ryan with soda! Cute pic's, sounds like you guys had a fun day.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to Andrew! How lucky you are to have such good boys.