Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy Halloween!





We had a great Halloween this year. It was really fun since Ryan understood it better and was excited to light our pumpkin, decorate Halloween cookies, go trick or treating, dressing up, and all that other good stuff. Spencer has admitted that he doesn't really like Halloween so I have been trying to show him how fun it can be. We made a scary scarecrow which we used at Trunk or Treat and outside of our house on Halloween. I felt a little bad because there were some kids afraid of it. We dressed up as Tweddle Dee and Tweddle Dum for a friends Halloween Party. We look awesome don't we? My mom made those costumes for her and my Dad about 20 years ago and they have gotten very good use over the years. I also dressed up a little when I took Ryan out trick or treating. I just did my hair funny. My old roommates know the secret of that look....I hope that Staci, Sarah, Marcy and Jenny appreciate my hair! Ryan had fun going out trick or treating. He knocked on all the doors and said "trick or treat" and was very polite and would only take 1 piece of candy. We even let him have one piece. But I think that's all he's had. We're not being mean or denying him...he just doesn't ask for it so we don't give it to him! I think Spencer and I finished off his trunk or treating candy in about one night. We were watching the Rockies play and we needed some comfort food!

6 comments:

Teri said...

You guys looked awesome! Ryan hates dressing up too. I will have to put our pictures up so you can see our getups. I can't wait until we can have Halloween with our little one, seems like so much fun. Glad that Ryan liked it this year.

Starnes fam said...

YES YES YES! I LOVE your hair! Brings back some good memories! The Tweedle Dee and Dum costume is absolutely HILARIOUS!

Stacie said...

You guys look awesome! I can't believe how grown up your kids are getting. We miss you, but love Denver. Look us up when you are here! We are in Castle Rock now.

Ryan said...

How did your freaky scarecrow make into so many pictures? Here's scarecrow with Andrew, here he is jus' chillin in the back of the car, and here's scarecrow on the porch! Aww, I miss scarecrow.

Spencer - You look gay.

greg & allyson said...

spencer, are those velcro shoes?

jules said...

You guys look awesome! Your "scarecrow" really is scary. Forget the kids - it freaked me out!! I love Halloween!