Tuesday, November 27, 2007




Andrew is cruising and moving all around the house now. Unfortunately he has bad parents who have not prepared the house for him. He took a tumble down the stairs while I was changing Ryan's diaper. He only made it halfway down before I rescued him. It was so sad! Then, probably not an hour longer, he pulled the Christmas tree down and on top of him. Luckily, our tree is puny, but still, it scratched his face! We have since put up our baby gate and tried to put other dangerous objects away. But he is still our happy baby who smiles all day long!
I also need to mention what he has been doing recently. When Spencer comes home, Ryan has learned to recognize the sound of the key in the door and runs to give him a hug. Now Andrew gets excited when Ryan goes running and I tell him that Daddy is home. He crawls as fast as he can and is smiling and laughing, but then about halfway to the door he stops, puts his head down, and cries! It is a sad cry too, so I feel bad saying that it is cute, but it is! We think that he sees how far he has to go and gets discouraged, and thinks he will never get there! So Spencer comes to him and picks him up and then he is all better. He loves his daddy!

6 comments:

Teri said...

Where'd that kid get the HUGE mouth? I love how it always seems to be open when he smiles. So cute! Can't wait to see you guys again sometime soon.

Dan and Anne said...

What a little Champ! I'm jealous that he is always so happy... hopefully this baby Grange will be the same way. I told Dixie I'm sad you guys won't be there over Christmas but I guess we will just have to deal with it! We miss you guys!

jules said...

I love the story about Andrew laughing and then crying when Spencer comes home! Andrew has such an adorable smile...what a happy kid! Jacob officially crawled for the first time today. :)

Jessie said...

I'm nervous about the Christmas tree this year too. Andrew is adorable.

Starnes fam said...

Ok...that baby is the cutest thing ever. He has a smile to die for!

Joshua said...

Better hope child services doesn't read your blog!