Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mommy's Job

When Dixie (Spencer's Mom) came to visit a couple weeks ago, we were asking Ryan a bunch of questions, trying to show off his verbal skills and new words he has learned for Grammy. Our conversation went a little like this:

Erin: "What does Daddy do for work?"

Ryan: "He's an engineer".

Erin: "What does Gramps do for work?"

Ryan: "He's an actuary (I probably spelled that wrong).

Then Dixie asked him her own question, something we haven't talked about before.

Dixie: "What does Mommy do for work?"

Ryan thought about this and then answered, "She cooks ninner (dinner)".

Is that really all he thinks I do??

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I love it when my kid answers questions from other people without any prompts for answers--it's always something curious!

Jessie said...

This is so cute. I'm curious what Noah would say...I'll have to ask him.

Starnes fam said...

LOVE IT! Good thing you wrote that one down...it's one for the books!